President Donald Trump’s own people are beginning to dispute over his current refusal to accept the results of the 2020 election. Jared Kushner and first lady and Melania Trump have told Trump to accept President-elect Joe Biden’s victory. But his adult sons pressed him and allies to keep fighting.
Kushner, the President’s son-in-law, has approached him to concede, reported by reliable sources. However, the first lady has privately said the time has come for him to accept the election loss. However, Trump’s two sons, Donald Jr. and Eric, have pushed his allies to continue pressing on. Their allies have pushed Republicans and supporters to publicly reject the results.
Trump’s campaign plans to release a message through reporters to validate his argument that the President’s second term is being snatched from him through corrupt vote counts in battleground states. Sources familiar with the matter told top reporters on Sunday evening.
Allies of Trump are planning to present obituaries of people they will claim voted in the election and will formulate rallies to amplify the message, according to sources.
The Intention of the effort is to raise enough doubt on the results that secretaries of state in battlegrounds, and feel pressure to open investigations or call for recounts. That is something that would prolong the process and eventually give the campaign more time to advance its litigation through the courts.
A fact check done previously by eminent reporters as per the claims made by a handful of prominent Republicans, such as members of Trump’s family and supporters. It included names Richard Grenell the former acting Director of National Intelligence, of dead people voting in Michigan, fell apart under scrutiny. A reporter analysis of the claim and the purported backing for it did not find a single instance of that happening.