Ever since the beginning of the pandemic, a lot of misconceptions have been factors below which have been based on research and WHO guidelines. This will also attempt to bust a few myths surrounding the consumption of alcohol. It will also address misconceptions and rumors being floated on social media which are baseless and untrue.
- Please note that the consumption of alcohol will not prevent you from contacting COVID -19.
- Many cases have been reported of the ingestion of hand sanitizers containing alcohol. This must never be done. Methanol as an added substance can be life-threatening even if it is taken in small quantities.
They may cause blindness and kidney disease, among other problems.
- Heavy alcohol drinking in fact increases the risk of ARDS or acute respiratory distress syndrome which COVID is known to cause and severe complications may arise thereafter if you are a heavy alcohol drinker and COVID affected.
- Drinking alcohol will not kill the virus in the air. It’s only the strength of your immune system and the vaccines that can counter this deadly virus.
- You must never mix alcohol with medications, not even herbal or apparently normal over-the-counter medicines. Alcohol may have an adverse effect on your liver and cause serious problems.
- Bars, casinos, pubs, etc have been closed because social distancing cannot be maintained in such public places. However, in the current lockdowns, home delivery of alcohol has been allowed in certain states.
- Avoid excessive drinking during home isolation since if you are alone, you may not be in a frame of mind to register things, etc, you may not be mentally alert and an inebriated condition is not good when alone, Kit may be a health and safety hazard.
if alcohol makes your feel better to tide over this current crisis, drink in moderation and drink responsibly!
Journalist. Perennially hungry for entertainment. Carefully listens to everything that start with “so, last night…”. Currently making web more entertaining place.