We have always heard how yoga, mediation, or any form of exercise can help alleviate your mood and keep stress at bay. Did you know that even foods can help you do that? By including a few foods in your diet, you can not only create a healthy diet for the body but one for the mind as well. We are all victims of depression and anxiety at some point in time or another so it’s worthwhile to think about including these foods in your diet.
- Green Tea/Herbal Tea – This warm cup of tea can soothe you and create a light and happy mood. There are different flavors available and these calm your nerves and have a positive effect.
- Milk – This very common food item is very beneficial. A glass of warm milk before sleeping will calm and soothe your mind. It will also be a rich source of calcium like other dairy products and it is much needed by your body.
- Omega 3 – Fatty acids- these are healthy for the heart and alleviates depression. Fish like salmon, mackerel, tuna is good for the skin as well as for keeping high-stress levels at bay.
- Nuts – They strengthen your immune system and are a rich source of zinc, magnesium, and vitamins. Pistachios, almonds, and walnuts are even said to have a beneficial effect on high blood pressure. Vitamin B is good for curing stress.
- Dark Chocolate – They are a rich source of antioxidants. These must be eaten in small quantities though as anything in excess is harmful.
- Eggs – are a rich source of minerals, amino acids vitamins, and antioxidants. They work as good stress busters.
- Avocado – Good for reducing high blood pressure and are a rich source of fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, essential nutrients, and phytochemicals.
- Fibre and roughage – Foods that are rich in this provide good gut health and ease anxiety and depression.
These are just a few foods if included in your diet can help you get rid of that unwelcome factor in your lives – stress and anxiety- so go ahead and try these!