Kabul murders former female MP Nabizada.

Kabul murders former female MP Nabizada.

Kabul murders former female MP Nabizada. Former Afghan parliamentarian and Kabul resident Mursal Nabizada was shot and killed in her home, police reported.

An attack over the weekend resulted in the deaths of Nabizada and her bodyguard and the wounding of her brother, according to police.

The attack happened sometime during the night on Saturday, the police said in a statement issued later, adding that they didn’t find out about it until about seven in the morning on Sunday.

Read more: Russia will rescue ISS crew following meteoroid attack.

They declared that “very soon action was taken and investigation of the case began” by police and security forces. They said that no one had been taken into custody, and the investigation is still ongoing.

Before the Taliban’s takeover in 2021, when foreign forces withdrew, Nabizada served in the Afghan parliament. After the Taliban’s takeover, many lawmakers fled the country.

Human Rights Watch’s Interim Executive Director Tirana Hassan has said, “Nabizada stayed in Afghanistan to fight for the rights of women and girls.”

The United States Embassy’s top official in Afghanistan, based in Qatar, has demanded that those responsible be brought to justice. This official is Karen Decker.

She was “angry and heartbroken” over the tragic loss of Mursal Nabizada. Sending my condolences to Mursal’s family and hoping they find closure after this senseless act.

According to Tolo, a local television station, Nabizada was elected to the lower parliament in 2018 to represent Kabul.

Despite the Taliban’s claims that they are working to improve security in Afghanistan and encourage Afghans to return, the country has been hit by a series of attacks in recent months, including one last week at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs that was claimed by Islamic State and resulted in the deaths of dozens of people.

The Hezb-e-Islami party’s leader, former Afghan Prime Minister Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, was inside its Kabul office when a suicide bomber detonated his explosives in December.

Related Posts