Mango pickle is a traditional condiment that is popular in many parts of the world, particularly in South Asia. It is made from mangoes that are pickled in a mixture of spices and oil, and it has a sweet and sour flavor that is loved by many people. In addition to its unique taste, mango pickle also has several health benefits that make it a popular choice among health-conscious individuals.
Here are some of the main benefits of mango pickles:
- Rich in nutrients: Mango pickle is made from mangoes, which are rich in a variety of nutrients including vitamins A and C, potassium, and dietary fiber. These nutrients help to support the immune system, maintain healthy skin and hair, and promote overall good health.
- Boosts digestion: The fiber in mangoes also helps to bulk up the stool and promote regular bowel movements.
- May improve cardiovascular health: The mustard oil used in mango pickle is rich in monounsaturated fats, which are known to be good for heart health. Consuming monounsaturated fats can help to lower bad cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- May have anti-inflammatory effects: The spices used in mango pickle, such as mustard seeds, fennel seeds, and fenugreek seeds, have been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects. This can be beneficial for people with inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and asthma.
Here is the answer to how to make mango pickles:
2 kg mangoes (preferably raw and firm), 1 cup mustard oil, 1 cup vinegar, 1 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons salt, 2 tablespoons red chili powder, 2 tablespoons mustard seeds, 2 tablespoons fennel seeds, 2 tablespoons fenugreek seeds, 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
How to make Mango Pickle Step-by-Step:
- Wash the mangoes and pat them dry with a clean towel
- Cut the mangoes into small pieces and transfer them to a large mixing bowl
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the salt, red chili powder, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds, and cumin seeds
- Sprinkle the spice mixture over the mango pieces and toss until the mangoes are evenly coated.
- Heat the kachi ghani mustard oil in a large pan over medium heat until it is hot.
- Add the spiced mango pieces to the pan and stir-fry for about 10 minutes or until the mangoes are slightly softened
- Add the vinegar and sugar to the pan and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the mixture for about 30 minutes or until the mangoes are soft and the pickle has thickened.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the pickle cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the pickle to a sterilized jar and seal it tightly.
- Store the pickle in a cool, dry place for at least a week before serving to allow the flavors to meld.
Make mango pickle at home this season with the easy mango pickle recipe and step-by-step instructions. A healthy diet can include mango pickle as a tasty and nutritious condiment. This recipe can also be created using rice bran oil as per your preference. 5 Green Jongkong Effects That Every Kratom User Should Know